Sunday, January 22, 2012

God's faithfulness

I hardly know where to begin. Were it not for God's faithfulness, where would we (I) be?

I would like to begin with a praise report. I had an MRI done Mon. I saw the radiation doctor Wed. He is amazed at how well I am doing. He did not give me a clean bill of health, which I was hoping for. BUT he said my tumor is VERY STABLE (he was VERY pleased), and they are going to discontinue my chemo for now. I have believed God for complete healing. I hoped it would be confirmed by the doctor, but that did not happen. I will consider this report a GOOD one, and continue to trust God to "complete that which He has started." It will be 4 years in Feb. since my first surgery. That is certainly better than the report I received in the beginning--6 mos. to 2 yrs. and I praise God!!

Most of my doctors have been reserved when I mentioned God's roll in my "treatment." I told Dr. Estopinol that I am thankful for good, competent doctors. But he knows, and I do too, that he cannot heal me. But I told him that I know someone who can. His response was, "Absolutely!" Thank Good for God fearing doctors too!

Our beautiful new baby girl, Hannah Elizabeth, is really changing. She will be staying with me when Brandy goes back to work in 2 weeks. I must say it is a little daunting to think about having a newborn again everyday! But I am looking forward to it. Her biggest problem so far is that she cannot stay awake long enough to take a full bottle, so she is waking up every hour or so to eat! Hope she will grow out of that in 2 weeks!!

Just when I thought my plate would not hold another thing--Gordon's mother was hospitalized. I had to remind myself that God promised He would not give us more that we can bear. I took her to the hospital on Sat. with severe abdominal pain and vomiting. She has been complaining for some time about her stomach. An earlier incident showed her pancreas inflamed and her gallbladder enlarged. This time they did surgery and took her gallbladder out, and kept her on IV fluid to let her pancreas rest. She was dismissed from the hospital yesterday, but had to go to rehab for a period of time--shorter than longer we hope. She is VERY unhappy about being there, so hope she will cooperate enough to get what she needs, and get out.

Gordon is improving some, but still heavily medicated. It seems he cannot function without the medicine, but when he takes it, he surely cannot function!! I wish so much that he would let God help him carry his load!

Thanks for your continued prayers and your words of encouragement, personal, cards, and comments. I truly cannot imagine how I would face another day without such caring, loving, friends and family! I praise God for YOU!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annalie, There is one thing that we do know and that is He is the healer of all things. Praise God for his promises and that He is a God that does keep all of them. I will be praying for Gordon and his mother and for you. I know that keeping a new baby is not going to be easy but, the love that they give you is so needed and they love so unconditionally just like Christ. The doctor's may not come right out and say you are healed but, I am in agreement with you. I love you and you mean so much to me. Looking forward to the next good news. God Bless, Jeanette