Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Best Christmas Ever

I cannot believe that it has been 6 mos. since I last blogged. Where has the time gone? I have had opportunity but no inspiration; or I have had inspiration but no opportunity. The grandchildren have kept me busy, but they are not really an excuse for not blogging.
I have to say that I received some really good news from my doctor yesterday (Dec. 3), the best Christmas present ever!  He said my tumor continues to remain “stable”, and I do not need to see him again for a year.  I told him that I appreciate all he has done for me, but he knows that ultimately he cannot heal me.  I do know someone who can and I will receive his report as a divine healing.  Dr. Dang did not disagree with me although I am not sure he really believes.  I have been taken off all my medicines, except heart medicine for A-fib.  No further problems with that either.  
Gordon continues to struggle with his neck and back.  He is in so much pain, especially this week, that I believe he is tempted to OD.  Please pray for him that God will heal him or provide a way that he can get some relief from this.  He really is pitiful!  My brother Bill has had some similar problems with his back.  He is going to Tampa, Fla. next week to see a doctor there who has had some reknowned success with surgeries of this kind.  Please pray for him too that He receives what he needs.
I continue to enjoy taking care of my grandchildren, 3 or 4 of them most of the time; the others as needed or wanted.  We have 1 or 2 of them most nights, just because they want to stay.  The time will come soon enough that they will be busy with other things.  I want to enjoy them while they like to be here.  Of course, they are precious, although not quite perfect; but we are working on that.  Lest you think I have become “super woman” in my old age, I hasten to say that I have some very capable help or I could not do this.  A wonderful girl from Slapout, Ala. (yes that is a real place) helps me with them.  She raised twins and another baby a year later, so we figured she might be qualified.  She has been wonderful and the children really love her. 
The babies are the joy of our lives and truly are a reward “for not killing your own when they were young!”  It is amazing how much wisdom they have.  This week, Sarah (Todd’s almost 7 year old_ quipped that “Mama & Daddy are geniuses.  They know just what to do in case you get a scrape on your knee or something.”  Isn’t it amazing how smart we (adults) are when they are 6, then how ignorant we become @ 13?  Reese agrees that grown-ups “know everything,” and then proceeds to throw a Texas sized temper tantrum when you tell him to, or not to do, something.
As of today Todd has been hired by Huntsville Fire Dept.  He finished his last class today.  We are so proud of him.  He has worked so hard for this.  I am sure he will be a real asset to the fire dept., because he has such a good understanding of mechanical things.  We are very proud of both of our “boys” and so thankful for them and their families.  They both have very dear wives who have blessed us in ways that boys just cannot.  I am so thankful that our families have enjoyed congenial friendships that many families do not have. 
I will take this opportunity to wish everyone a blessed Christmas.  I pray that the real “Reason for the Season” will be part of your celebration this year and always.

No comments: