Monday, January 21, 2013

On the Other Side


Recently I blogged about hard places, twice actually, so I want to pay homage to the other side. I want to declare that God is faithful to see us through to the other side of hard places. I am sure that I have not seen the last hard place, but I am here to say that “God is faithful to complete that which we commit to Him until that day.”

I have really struggled for months with feeling incredibly tired all the time. Every time I walked by the couch, it reached out and snatched me! I lost about 35-40 lbs. I was really concerned that something was really wrong with me! The doctor did some blood work and discovered my thyroid was low. They put me on medication but nothing changed. I have an appt. with an endocrinologist in Mar. I went to my radiation doctor this week. He is elated that I have done so well! He certainly did not expect to see me in this condition now. I told him that I give God the glory for using competent doctors with gifts that He gave them, to heal my body. He enthusiastically agreed! I have said the same thing to my chemo doctor who also agreed with me.

I have felt so much better this week that I believe I am truly being healed!! I have a wonderful friend at church who has prayed for and with me since early on. She wrote a note that God impressed upon her: “as if it has never been there. Don’t know how, don’t know when, but as if it’s never been.” I believe her prophecy is being fulfilled, PRAISE GOD! Thanks to ALL of you who have been so faithful to pray for me and encourage me. I was able to keep 3 of my grandchildren at the same time overnight Sat. night. I have not been able to do that. Those of you who are grandparents know that there is no greater pleasure than to see them all together laughing & playing during the day, and then see their angelic faces asleep on their pillows at night. I read somewhere that a little boy was asked about his grandparents. He said “they were grown-ups who have lots of time to listen to you.” I pray that God has made me a good listener.

I thank God for His peace in my life. Jn. 14:27. When I first received the news that I had a brain tumor, I was shocked. I have been in perfect health all my life. I never had any serious illness, no major surgeries. I have always done anything I wanted or needed to do. I did not know how to be a patient! I believe God needed to get my attention and slow me down long enough to teach me some things. I may never know why it happened, but I pray that I have not been a slothful student.

Gordon is still not doing very well. He has so much pain that he can hardly walk some days. He is going to the doctor next week to discuss another surgery. Some days we are both pitiful! I don’t know how much more he can tolerate. He’s taking more medicine than he needs to, but not as much as the doctor prescribes. Please pray for him. I will post an update.



No comments: