Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22, 2013


I have been silent for some time, not because it is golden, but because there has been so much clamor at my house that I could not think!  I am glad to say it has been happy clamor for the most part, from my precious lively grandchildren. I have had some or all of them daily, which has taxed my strength as well as my brain, but I have had some wonderful capable helpers who love the children, and the children love them, more than me I am afraid!  We have spent a lot of time in the pool, in spite of the cool temperatures and the rain. I have threatened to fill it with dirt and plant a garden, but it might have redeemed itself this year.
My real reason for posting today is to report that I had a dr. appt. and MRI this week.  In his words, Dr. Dang  ”is very pleased with my report, which shows no change in the tumor.”  It is still there but shows no sign of change.  I will consider this a “good report” and a blessing from God.  I have been dismissed from my radiation doctor, who also is very pleased with my reports.  I do have wonderful doctors who have used their gifts for my benefit.  I praise God for His care through their hands!
Gordon is still suffering unmercifully from his neck and back.  I just do not know if anything can be done to improve his quality of life outside of a miracle.  I am not sure he believes that is a possibility for him. He really is pitiful!  He was going to physical therapy which helped momentarily, but our wonderful insurance company decided it was not really helping.  They dismissed him!  We have been trying to get him to go to Birmingham or Nashville to have someone else take a look, but so far, no cooperation.
His mother is holding her own.  She is resigned to the place she is staying; seems fairly satisfied, but would like to go back to the place she was before. She cannot grasp the concept that she is there because we are not able to take care of her.  She has no concept of the financial part of the situation.  She says South Hampton is a nice place, and everyone is good to her.  It is clean and of course she is happy about that.  She has always been the clean queen! 
MY Mom is not doing as well as she would like.  She is still having some breathing difficulty—is on oxygen at night and daily as needed.  The thing that has her down is that she has an eye problem that is keeping her from driving.  She will be 92 this week and has been VERY independent all her life, not to the degree of being obstinate.  She WILL NOT do ANYTHING that she feels will inconvenience someone else, so many times she stays at home rather than share with us that she might like to do something.  We are trying to make ourselves more available to take her places, Mom’s Taxi in reverse!
We will be getting a new baby from Colombia in October, we think.  Brant’s family will have to travel there and stay 7-8 weeks before they can bring her back here. We are looking forward to our little special needs child.  She has sickle cell anemia and is 2 years old.
Sarah Grace (Todd and Brandy’s oldest) started 1st grade. Hannah is here with us every day.  They are precious prissy girls, and of course so smart!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Annalie for keeping me updated. You have always been so welcoming to me. Kelly Poblete

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you Annalie. We are so thankful for the good report you got from your doctor! However, we are dismayed to hear Gordon is still having issues with his neck and back. Hopefully he will get some relief soon! We'll just keep praying, praying, praying! God bless and keep you both! Love, Sam & Aletta

Anonymous said...

I just love your updates. We have your blog saved as a "favorite" on our home computer and check it monthly to see if you have updated. So happy for your report from your doctor. You and your family are at the top of our prayer list daily. We are believing for healing and relief for Gordon. Love you and your precious family!