Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Judas Heart

When I have read about Judas in the Bible, I think about someone who is sneaky, sinister, a betrayer.  I have been cut to the quick by reading Max Lucado’s comment in his Devotional Bible about Judas.  P.1364  “For all the things we don’t know about Judas, there is one thing we know for sure:  he had no relationship with the master.  He had seen Jesus, but he did not know Him.  He had heard Jesus, but he did not understand Him.  He had religion, but no relationship….Satan needed a special kind of man to betray our Lord.  He needed a man who had seen Jesus, but did not know him.  He had heard Jesus, but had missed out on the mission of Jesus.  Judas was this man.  He knew the empire but had never known the Man. Satan’s best tools of destruction are not from outside the church, they are from within the church.”
When I read this commentary I was cut to the quick! How many times have I treated my Lord so lightly, carelessly, so disrespectfully.  Without realizing it, I have again betrayed Him.  Thank God that He does not hold that against me. Praise God for His love that sent Christ to the cross, that we can indeed be redeemed!

1 comment:

Paul/Michele Davis said...

We love reading your blog and getting updates Annalie. You and Gordon are prayed for daily by our family. Thank you for the post and the updates. Love you dearly. The Davis Family