Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Quiet House

Welcome Little One! AND I sure do miss my babies, who are in Colombia, So. America, getting a new little sister.  If you would like to check them out you may go www.thebigsthelittles.blogspot.com and you can see the story of their adoption.  You can also click on a link that will allow you to shop if you are an Amazon shopper.  If you purchase anything from Amazon from this link, they will receive 10% of your purchase to go toward expenses for their adoption, which will help them immensely.  This has been a labor of love and money!  We would appreciate any investments you are willing to make.
 
Still have Hannah every day.  She does not know what to think with the house so empty and quiet! She is beginning to try to say a few things.  She is such a happy baby, and the apple of her Hap’s eye.
I am going tomorrow to have Thanksgiving lunch with Gordon’s Mom @ the nursing home.  She is still very unhappy there.  She is convinced we “snookered” into going there, but she says it is a nice place, that people there are nice to her, and they have lots of things for her to do.  But she wants to go home L. I am so sorry that we cannot take care of her there (at home).  I took her to see the dentist recently.  What a trip—wheelchair and all!    It was a good reminder to me of why I am not caring for her all the time.  When we returned to So. Hampton, she and I both were completely exhausted!
Since I last blogged, Gordon has had another surgery on his neck.  When they did the previous surgeries, they put titanium hardware in his neck to hold the bone in place until it healed.  They usually just leave the hardware in unless there is a problem.  Gordon kept having so much pain after the discs healed that they checked to see if the hardware was causing the pain.  Sure enough one (or more) of the screws was against one of his nerves.  They did another surgery to remove the hardware.  He is in excruciating pain from the surgery now, but he thinks it will be better.  It is not the same kind of pain as before the surgery.  I do hope and pray that he will get some relief soon.
I had another MRI and dr. visit today.  I am thankful to report that there has again been no change in my tumor.  I thank God for His touch. We saw on the news that there are some new treatments specifically for brain tumors that are in clinical trials.  I asked the doctor about them today.  They of course are not available yet, but maybe not too far away.
Don’t know if I will blog again before Christmas.  I already have my Christmas tree up.J  I would rather enjoy it before Christmas than after.  We wish you all a Blessed Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year!

No comments: